What is digital transformation and how it is related with the new generation of consumption
We are in the Digital Transformation era, a moment that technology acts as an agent of corporate behavior change. How to stand out in this new reality and generate more business?
The hyperconnected client demands products and services more focused on their needs because their habits are different now: they don’t stay the same way, they don’t move the same way, they don’t research and they don’t consume as they used to. To understand this new moment, you need to answer a simple question: what is digital transformation?
In this post you will find the answer and also learn about the new generation of consumption.
First of all, what is digital transformation?
Everything gets much faster and the volume of information increases. To accompany this new phase, companies from different niches begin to see beyond and create business opportunities: technology is now used to facilitate the connection between brand and customer and ensure more assertive results.
Digital Transformation is all about using digital technology to change your organization and prepare it for the new era of consumption. Its a new way to deliver products and services to customers. In order to do this, you need to integrate the new tech solutions into all areas of your business.
The role of companies in the new generation of consumption
Today’s consumers are able to access information digitally and use multiscreen on many devices simultaneously. This makes purchasing power more immediate and companies start to realize the need to digitize to keep up with the new consumer movement. But what is the role of companies in this context?
Organizations need to use technologies that provide more agility and accessibility to the user, creating an experience that meets their needs and also allows them to create new preferences, aligned with the organizational culture of their business.
Opportunities generate new business
Understanding the new consumer and his desires allows us to take advantage of new niches market to develop products and services more focused on the user. Some companies see opportunities still incipient and develop new business fronts. This is the case of Netflix, Ifood, Airbnb, Uber, among others.
New technologies are no longer synonymous only for comfort or modernity. In the Age of Digital Transformation, innovation revolutionizes from communication with the user to the demand for new products and services and their relationship with the new markets. The American company Uber, is an example of a change in mindset regarding urban mobility: the company was one of the first to use the concept of e-hailing (*) to attract customers at a much lower cost.
(*) e-hailing – the act of requesting transportation through electronic devices, usually cell phones or smartphones.
E-hailing offers some advantages over traditional forms of urban locomotion:
- Ease of payment – stores credit card information in the app, not requiring wireless machines in the taxi; but also offers the option of cash payment, expanding the market share;
- Speed - the app uses GPS in real time, reducing the user’s waiting time, since it selects the nearest car;
- Cost – the user sublets an owner’s car, which reduces Uber operation’s cost, since maintenance, fuel costs and even vehicle’s installments are driver responsibility. For the end user, the cost is reduced when compared to the taxi;
- Security – the app allows evaluation of its drivers by the users themselves, without bias of the company responsible. That allows more control of the professionals who register to perform the service, punishable in cases of abuse.
Cutting-edge technologies optimize performance
Previously seen in science fiction films and animations, the new gadgets offer unimaginable solutions just a few years ago, such as wearable devices or wearable devices. Nanotechnology allows the integration of new devices, ensuring agility, accuracy and better use of data.
The impact of Digital Transformation
If you want to answer the question “what is digital transformation?”, you need to know how some areas already advancing in the use of these technologies to improve performance, increase reach and ensure better results.
- Health – Health units have virtual assistance for cases where there is no specialist. Less invasive medical exams can already be performed remotely;
- Insurance – Insurance companies use telemetry to monitor the activities of users within vehicles. The movements are recorded and compiled, identifying behavioral patterns and tracing the driver’s profile. The information are used to verify performance, to reward the best drivers, and to prevent accidents;
- Quality of life – Devices monitor heart rate, blood pressure, number of steps and speed, improving professional athletes or amateur performance. These devices can also prevent health complications and prevent diseases;
- Home automation – Smart TVs and devices that integrate different objects, capable of controlling, remotely all of them: air conditioning, refrigerators, sound equipment, lighting and even showers and bathtubs.
- Transportation – Safer cars, with less emission of pollutant gases. Also, a steering system and telephony coupled capable to inform the best ways, possible accidents ahead and route deviations;
- Teaching – Online classes, more attractive and with modern resources that globalizes the information, in real time;
- Clothing and Footwear – adaptive clothing with sun protection and compression technology to reduce fatigue, shoes and sneakers to increase fitness, etc .;
- Agribusiness – Big Data, Cloud Computing, Telemetry, Agriculture and Precision Forestry, Integration of Sensors, Mobility and high availability of data, are already used in food production to meet the population growth curve in the next years.
New technologies to add value
A few years ago, a successful business was one that had an immutable value proposition, with some differentiation in products and market targeted for execution. In the digital era, it is necessary to establish synergy with the client, invest in research of interest and change processes, as they become common sense. The changes don’t refer only to the insertion of technology in business, but a new organizational culture, which sows and promotes innovation.
If you want to know more about this subject, download our e-book “what is digital transformation” right now!