What is an ERP system, and is it still worth implementing one?
ERP is a popular acronym in the corporate world that refers to the planning of an organization’s resources, also known as enterprise resource planning.
An ERP system is a business management software capable of organizing processes, increasing productivity, and generating profitability through savings and resource optimization.
If you’re still unaware of what ERPs are, what areas they work in, and their advantages, then follow along to understand how your industry can benefit from a business management software.
Is it still worth implementing an ERP system?
ERP, or Enterprise Resource Planning, is an integrated management software or software package that assists resource planning.
Business management software is used to integrate information and organize workflow between the different sectors of a company, facilitating agile and effective communication.
The main objective of ERP systems is to integrate the various processes that exist within an organization, creating transparent and well-defined steps for communication, facilitating the transfer of information between sectors.
What are the advantages of an ERP system?
Well implemented ERP systems are capable of optimizing the execution of processes in various aspects of a company.
The functioning of an ERP system is anchored on four pillars:
- Process integration and optimization
- Performance improvement
- Increase in profitability
- Guarantee of information security
ERP systems can help companies control process management in various areas of operation, such as:
- Total financial management
- Efficient fiscal and tax management Integration
- Inventory and supply control
- Commercial, sales, and CRM
- Employee management
- Risk management
- Project management
Why should you invest in business management software?
Regardless of your area of expertise or the size of your company, your department has a lot to benefit from implementing an ERP system.
- Has your company experienced tremendous growth and, as a result, became disorganized, giving the impression that existing processes no longer work like they used to, creating work overload? Then ERP is for you.
- Is your company starting the process of expanding its customer base, entering new markets, developing new strategies or products? ERP can help with that as well.
Companies often relegate processes to the background and fail to plan appropriately around challenges – including barriers that prevent you from expanding your industry, AKA “growing pains”.
Business management software is a tool that helps accommodate your company’s growth in an organized and efficient way. Still not convinced? How about taking a quick test?
Based on the implementation experience of our specialists, we have mapped out some pains that business management software is able to accurately combat. Take a look at this list and check (✓) the options you consider to be challenging in your industry.
- Waste of time or money due to operational errors;
- Products or services are delivered late;
- Bottlenecks that could be eliminated;
- Loss of customer approach opportunities due to lack of reliable and up-to-date information;
- Products and/or services whose earnings and results are unknown.
- Did you score X in any of these pains? Well, an ERP system can help solve these problems.
Did you score X in any of these pains? Well, an ERP system can help solve these problems.
MJV operates in several areas of business and is composed of interdisciplinary teams, with professionals trained to provide integrated, optimized solutions focused on profitability and performance improvement.
Check out some of the services we provide in the field of ERP systems:
Process Management Consulting Process
- Review and redesign
- RPA – Robotic process automation (learn more)
- BPM – Business process management
→ Read also: RPA Retrospective
Business Strategy Consulting
- Change Management (learn more)
- Creating strategic planning
- OKR deployment (learn more)
- Strategic program management
- Corporate performance management
→ Pro tip: How to create OKRs: reach your sector’s objectives now!
- Data-driven marketing funnel
Consulting in Project Management
- Implementation of Office Projects
- Cultural Transformation (Agile Project Management)
- Project Management Office (PMO)
Want to get to know more about our solutions in process and strategy management? Talk to one of our consultants and find out how MJV can help you in this endeavor.Back